ACERS, if anyone can help, can you contact Bill Sargent directly to:
------
Hi:

I am working on a project to provide for the internet submission of
Export License Applications for the Bureau of Export Administration here
at the Department of Commerce.  I am trying to gather as much knowledge
as possible in the area of key recoverable encryption...  we want to
make our system easy and as transparent as possible for the user while
also safeguarding the business proprietary information being provided
and making sure that we meet the Administration's desire to have the
encrypted information be key recoverable by Federal law enforcement
agencies.

Any ideas from you (or our fellow ACE members) on possible places to
look?  I have already been in touch with the Patent and Trademark office
which has a demonstration project... I understand there are others...

Your input is appreciated...

Bill Sargent
BXA Web Master
U.S. Department of Commerce