Massimo,

<ilink> is an element defined in conformance with the HyTime architectural
form of the same name. <ilink> and a couple of other HyTime elements were
in the BETA DTD for experimental purposes. To the best of my knowledge, no
one experimented with them.

At any rate, in Version 1, all of the HyTime elements are being removed,
and, instead, XLink (XML Link) elements are replacing them (as attribute
sets on existing linking and pointing elements). XLink is influenced by TEI
extended pointers, HyTime, and HTML linking. <ilink> is similar to XLink
extended links used out-of-line.

For more information on XLink, see http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/WD-xlink-19980303

If you are providing simple one-way links from one finding aid to another,
use <archref>; or a finding aid to other resources, then use <extref>,
<extptr>, or <bibref>; or a finding aid to an original digital archival
object or a digital representation of non-digital archival object (at
letter, for example), use <dao>.

Fairly extensive instructions on how to use these elements can be found in
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/amher/upguide.html

I hope this helps.

Daniel

At 05:57 PM 4/28/1998 +0000, you wrote:
>HI all,
>
>I'm trying to create a little finding aid to improve my knoledge on
>EAD and I want to link two or more documents.
>Could you tell me something more about the use of <ilink> element
>than the EAD tag library does? What are the potentialities of its
>attrubutes?
>
>Thanks.

>    Massimo Castellacci
>    Computer Science Graduation Course
>    University of Pisa - Italy
>    Via Agostino di Duccio, 13
>    50143 - Firenze - ITALY
>    Tel. +3955706395   +393389207607
>    mailto:[log in to unmask]
>    http://www.cli.di.unipi.it/~castella/intro.html

Daniel V. Pitti         Project Director
Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities
Alderman Library        University of Virginia  Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
Phone: 804 924-6594     Fax: 804 982-2363       Email: [log in to unmask]