>I just received my issue of _Archival Outlook_ and noticed a small article
>announcing that the EAD workshop had been updated to reflect the release of
>EAD 1.0. However, when I checked the EAD site at LC this morning, I did not
>see a release announcement. How imminent is the "official" release of
>version 1? Thank you for any information you might provide.

the XML linking language specification before finalizing and releasing EAD
V1.0.  A draft of XLL (which I understand in W3C-speak means "near final")
was issued recently, and the pertinent elements need to be plugged into EAD
to make it fully XML-compliant.  The WG hopes to release version 1.0 within
the next couple months, and its availability will be announced on this list.

Kris

Kris Kiesling
Chair, SAA Committee on Archival Information Exchange
Chair, CAIE EAD Working Group
Head, Department of Manuscripts and Archives
Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX  78713-7219
voice:  512-471-9113