Hi, I've been lurking here for awhile, and quite frankly didn't have
a clue what EAD was but thought I'd better find out.  I have a
slightly better understanding of it now, so I have a question:

Are you encoding your finding aids with EAD manually or through a
computer program?

Someone told us we should wait and do all of our descriptions in Word
or any other word processing package, and that EAD1 would be coming
along shortly and solve our encoding problems.  Is EAD1  just a new
set of tags, or is it a program of some sort?

Thanks very  much.

Christine Lovelace
Archives Assistant
Vaughan Memorial Library