REPLY TO 05/04/98 10:31 FROM [log in to unmask] "Encoded Archival Description List":
Re: Panorama Author/Editor rules files

Steve Pepper's list of SGML (and now XML) tools is a good starting
place for info on SGML editing and publishing packages:
http://www.infotek.no/sgmltool/toollist.htm

When we investigated SGML editors, SoftQuad and ArborText were the
leading contenders.  ArborText's ADEPT Editor was significantly
more expensive and they were not receptive to the idea of consortial
pricing.  On the publishing front, INSO's DynaWeb and Open Text's
Pat/LiveLink seem to be popular choices.

There are many other options, but I think at the moment both endusers
and software companies are hoping that XML will usher in an era of
more user-friendly tools.

Ricky

To:  [log in to unmask]