While converting into EAD an existing finding aid from a DataBase, we
encountered some problems about values of tag attributes.

The tag library tell us that some of these values belong to a
close dictionary (with the exception of values like OTHERLEVEL and
all that begins with OTHER...) and our question is: have these values
 a particular infuence on the behaviour of SGML parsing software, or
they are simply values linked to a tag? If the second idea is true,
can we fill this attributes with other values than those proposed on
tag library?
Instead, if this is not true, have we to map our values on those
fixed on tag library and put those not mappable in OTHER...?

I hope I was understandable.
    Massimo Castellacci
    Computer Science Graduation Course
    University of Pisa - Italy