             system -Reply

You may wish to look at the ILS report from the FLICC IT Assessment
(http://lcweb.loc.gov/flicc/itmenu.html) for federal libraries using
various ILS systems.  No one is listed for TLC, but the IT Assessment is
pretty new and hopefully more federal libraries will take the time to
participate in the upcoming weeks.  In the meantime there are libraries
listed for several other vendors.

Susan M. Tarr, Executive Director
Federal Library and Information Center Committee
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave. SE
Washington, DC  20540-4935

>>> Jeanne Trahan Faubell <[log in to unmask]> 07/22/98 03:51pm >>>
This message has been cross-posted.  Please excuse any duplication.

Are there any federal libraries which have used or are currently using the
Total Library Computerization (TLC) library automation system?
What do you think are the pros and cons of this system?   Would you
recommend it and the vendor?  We are looking into automating the library
(primarily a law library) and I saw a demo of this product at the INEX
exhibit in Washington, D.C.  I am also interested in learning what other
systems are in use at small to medium-sized federal libraries.  Please
respond to me personally.  If there is sufficient interest, I will
summarize for the list.

Jeanne T. Faubell, Librarian
Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board
1250 H Street, NW, Suite 400
Washington, D.C.  20005
(202) 942-1695
(202) 942-1676 FAX email:  [log in to unmask]