Katherine,

Speaking unofficially, in the next few days. The WG is putting the
finishing touches on various web pages and the ftp site. You would be
correct to interpret "in the next few days" to mean "before the SAA annual
meeting", which is next week.

Daniel

At 01:17 PM 8/27/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>I'd like to repeat Eileen Ielmini's query a few days back, asking about EAD
>1.0 and whether/when it would be available at Library of Congress' web site.
>See Jackie Dooley's posting from earlier this summer below.
>
>Would anyone care to update us on when all the new files will be available
>for FTP? Thank you in advance.
>
>Katherine A. Hayes
>
>>Date:         Mon, 6 Jul 1998 19:45:38 -0700
>>Sender: Encoded Archival Description List <[log in to unmask]>
>>From: Jackie Dooley <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject:      cost of EAD DTD and tag library
>>Comments: To: Encoded Archival Description list <[log in to unmask]>
>>Comments: cc: Teresa Brinati <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: Multiple recipients of list EAD <[log in to unmask]>
>>
>>A list subscriber wrote to ask for clarification about what will be coming
>>available, and at what cost, when the version 1.0 DTD is released later
>>this summer.
>>
>>The 1.0 DTD will continue to be available at no cost from the Library of
>>Congress server where it now resides. It isn't being issued in paper form,
>>since the EAD Working Group could see no point in doing so.
>>
>>The 1.0 tag library will be sold in book form (paper, softbound cover, and
>>all that) by the Society of American Archivists at a fairly modest price,
>>currently estimated at $20 for SAA members and $25 for non-members. The
>>tag library also will be available at no cost from the same online source
>>as the DTD.
>>
>>  Jackie M. Dooley, Head of Special Collections and University Archives
>>UCI Libraries, P.O. Box 19557, Univ. of California, Irvine, CA 92623-9557
>>   Internet: [log in to unmask]  Phone: 949/824-4935  Fax: 949/824-2472
>>                 ** Please note our new area 949 code **

Daniel V. Pitti         Project Director
Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities
Alderman Library        University of Virginia  Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
Phone: 804 924-6594     Fax: 804 982-2363       Email: [log in to unmask]