Please post the fofllowing NLM vacancy on FEDLIB.
----------------------------------
(This msg. is being cross-posted, please excuse the duplication)

Librarian (BioMedSci)
National Library of Medicine, Reference Section
GS-1410, Grade 9/11/12
Salary Range: $32,457- $61, 190
Announcement Number: LM-98-43

Opening Date: August 10, 1998
Closing Date:  September 8, 1998

The National Library of Medicine Reference Section is responsible for
providing reference and customer services to assist patrons in gaining
access to the Library's resources - its collections, computerized
information services such as Internet Grateful Med and PubMed, and staff
expertise.  Staff of the Reference Section provide assistance in the
Main Reading Room, Learning Resource Center, through Internet electronic
mail ([log in to unmask]), and at a toll-free telephone service desk
(1-888-FIND NLM).

Specifically, the incumbent  will join 13 medical librarians and 3
technicians in answering reference and customer service inquiries for a
world-wide audience, updating and maintaining  Reference & customer
service Web site services and the development of new Web services that
meet the growing health information needs of the American public.  In
addition there are opportunities to assist with  Reading Room collection
development efforts,  production of the "Current Bibliographies in
Medicine" for NIH Consensus Development Conferences and in the
management of over 40 public computer workstations for researchers using
Reading Room services.

These are exciting and invigorating times at NLM.   The Library has
recently selected the integrated library system Voyager, developed by
Endeavor Information Systems Inc. and work to migrate to it has already
begun.  We are also developing WWW interfaces to more of our services
and modernizing our background systems.  A "Fact Sheet" on our "System
Reinvention Initiative" can be found at
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/factsheets/sysreinvent.html

If you are interesting in joining us, please send an application.   No
prior Federal employment is required, just prior librarian experience.
It's easier than ever before and you don't need any special government
SF171 forms!  Simply go to the  US Office of Personnel Management -
USAJOBS Web site - Job Details page:
http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/wfjic/jobs/BE4333.HTM
read all about the position and follow the full vacancy announcement and
"How to Apply" information.

Please note the "KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES section which strongly
encourages candidates to address each of the criteria on separate sheets
of paper.  This is often overlooked, much to the detriment of the
applicant.

For further information about the job and the activities of the
Reference Section please contact:

Pamela A. Meredith
Head, Reference Section, NLM