Laura:

Thanks for the info.  I'm working with a small group of our 11th
graders who have chosen to collect primary source information on
their Arkansas Memory Project using oral history techniques.  They're
at different stages right now but have to post primary documents to
their webpages by the end of the nine weeks.  I'll be discussing (by
asking questions) the "most effective" ways of
transcribing/organizing the "significant" parts of their interviews.

I suspect some of the students will realize they need to go back for
a second interview.  Others may recognize subtopics that need
background information from secondary sources.  I'll have each
student write up their decisions/tips.  Then we can figure how to
work the exchange of ideas.  (I like the idea of the age differential
becoming part of the learning process for my students.)

George