Dear Elizabeth and Amy,
I was delighted to view your student's work! I remember your description of
the project on our last day of the institute and have been looking forward
to seeing the results. I especially enjoyed reading the creative titles
students created for their articles based on the content they researched,
for example, "The Devil's Rocky Den".
Cheers
Kathleen Ferenz
97 fellow

>> Just wanted to touch base with the whole group about the project on
>>which Amy
>> and I have been working.  We had our students chose photographs from the
>> Mathew Brady collection and analyze them.  They then had to research and
>> write
>> news articles to accompany the photographs.  The project went well and we
>> recently uploaded all of the files.  Please take a look at our students'
>> work!
>>
>> http://www.wms-arl.org/amf/

*****************
Kathleen Ferenz

Instructor, San Francisco State University
Department of Instructional Technology
message: 415-338-1508
http://itec.sfsu.edu/faculty/kferenz.html

Project Director, Bay Area National Digital Library (BANDL)
c/o Bay Area School Reform Collaborative
voice mail: 415-241-2797
FAX: 415-241-2746
http://www.wested.org/basrc/bandl/