At 06:00 PM 12/17/1998 -0500, you wrote:
 But if students' lack of
>interest or their collective judgment that such-and-such is boring and
>unimportant -- if these things guide us past certain subjects or deter us
>from discussing them in class, then we might just as well skip over
>Reconstruction, too, and that milquetoast-y fellow Woodrow Wilson, and lord
>knows what else.  For what it's worth.

Let's hear it for Arnold!  The impeachment question is not a simple issue
or something that we just have "to get through."  When we do finally
resolve this difficult question, we need to understand what we have done
and why.  I'd like to be a fly on the wall in your class, Arnold!

Susan Veccia, Project Manager
Educational Services
National Digital Library
Library of Congress
email: [log in to unmask]     voice: 202/707-6151        fax: 202/252-3173