On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Derrick Clements wrote:

>   The thing is, I've had to add a Notation section to the EAD DTD to
> accomodate .gif graphics files for my various <dao> elements within the
> document instance.  Would a generic .lgc file still work then?

Derrick;

The 1.0 dtd file eadnotat.ent (part 4 of the dtd) contains the following
notation declaration:

<!--          GIF                                               -->

<!NOTATION gif      PUBLIC
"+//ISBN 0-7923-9432-1::Graphic Notation//NOTATION CompuServe
Graphic Interchange Format//EN"

If that'll work, the generic .lgc file available at the Library of
Congress EAD web site should do the trick.

Bill

Bill [log in to unmask]
Manuscripts Librarian                |                   The UCI Libraries
Department of Special Collections    |            University of California
949 824.3113                         |                      P.O. Box 19557
949 824.2472 FAX                     |              Irvine, CA  92623-9557