The functions hierarchy in the AAT was built on a list developed for the
NEH-funded Government Records Project which got many state archives into
the MARC business.   It is the most complete, archivally-developed list
that I know of.   Though, like all thesuari, certainly not
comprehensive.

Michael Fox
Head of Processing
Minnesota Historical Society
345 Kellogg Blvd West
St. Paul MN 55102-1906
phone: 651-296-1014
fax:  651-296-9961
**NOTE NEW AREA CODE EFFECTIVE JULY 12, 1998**