Just a small anecdote. Last Sunday I went to Philadelphia for the day to
meet some on-line friends who were attending ALA.  Some of them are
exemplary teachers and I started to tell them about the American Memory
Fellows Program thinking they might apply for this year.  When I started
to describe how to find the American Memory Fellow's Lessons by going to
the Learning Page one teacher said she was completely put off by the term,
"Learning Page."  She felt it would be very didactic, I guess, with
nothing exciting to offer her.   Having first encountered American Memory
via the Fellows Program I had never given any thought to how I would have
responded if I I had encountered it on my own. I wondered if other
veteran/exemplary teachers are put off by the term "Learning Page."  It
would be too bad since what it contains is so rich.

Monica