>> Please post responses or a summary to the list if possible --
>> thanks
>> Alan S. Divack
>> Archivist, The Ford Foundation
>> 320 East 43rd St.
>> New York, NY 10017
>> phone: (212) 573-4851
>> fax:      (212) 351-3681

We use OpenText successfully with thousands of full texts (for years)
and in the past 18 months with more than a thousand EAD guides -- see

        http://www.lib.virginia.edu/speccol/ead/

The interfaces and on-the-fly html conversion is a local production;
OpenText does all the searching work.  Other local scripts build the
browse pages out of the EAD headers and perform the live Table of
Contents building.  There is a description of this in an article in last
year's Big Bird issue of American Archivist.

How much you can benefit from what we do depends on which version of
OpenText you use.

Feel free to give me a call, but fyi I leave for a week-long lecture
trip to Germany tomorrow night so it will have to wait until I'm back.

Best,

David Seaman, Director           804-924-3230 (phone)
Electronic Text Center           804-924-1431 (fax)
Alderman Library                 email: [log in to unmask]
University of Virginia           http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903