Is there any reason that you could not link from your EAD finding aid to
your "(the collection-level AMC record)" using <otherfindaid> Other
Finding Aid and within it <extref> Extended Reference?  Since, you
could consider "(the collection-level AMC record)" one of the most basic
of finding aids.

Now I need to let you know I am in much the same situation as Leslie,
we will be implementing an on-line catalog soon and so this potential
solution is one that I believe should work but have not yet needed to
try.

Tom Keyser, Archivist/Librarian
South Texas Archives, James C. Jernigan Library
Texas A&M University - Kingsville, Texas