Bob;

Just looked at the EAD 1.0 TL and it looks like you can still do what the
Beta Application Guidelines recommend. <custodhist> can indirectly contain
a <date> once you've opened a <p> tag. So you ought to still be able to do
the following:

<custodhist>
    <date type="accumulation">1924-1974</date>
</custodhist>

Cheers,

Bill

Bill [log in to unmask]
Manuscripts Librarian                |                   The UCI Libraries
Department of Special Collections    |            University of California
949 824.3113                         |                      P.O. Box 19557
949 824.2472 FAX                     |              Irvine, CA  92623-9557