What is needed is some vehicle to mitigate the resistance of officials
to disclosing public information. City of Boston public library
department, city of Boston city clerk archives department and other
city departments have too many barriers to access that hamper people
who have interests related to the records withheld.

A small number of skilled and talented people get access, but most
people are put off dismissively.

Transmittal of current city hall documents to our public library
should be organized more comprehensively. Too many public hearings on
pertinent matters of the day are convened without available
information disclosed. Information is not available widely enough for
ready reading that the people can be more well informed. Even in the
matters of our public library department planning, it is too difficult
to find wide spread cooperation among city library curatorial
personnel.