> I would appreciate advice from anyone who can tell me why the hyperlinks
> from the <organization> section to the individual  <c01>s don't work.  The
> other internal links are ok.  But I can't get the stylesheet to generate an
> attribute value containing the number of a child element relative to its
> parent, i.e that this is the first item in a list, the second item in a
> list, etc.

Michael,

I think the following might work...

I changed your stylesheet feith1218.xsl a bit because I can see how
the IE5 childNumber method works better than I can fathom
ancestorChildNumber....

First, in the template for "item", in the for-next loop, I changed
your line

<xsl:attribute name="href">#series
<xsl:eval>childNumber(this), "1"</xsl:eval>
</xsl:attribute>

<xsl:attribute name="href">#series
<xsl:eval>formatNumber(childNumber(this),"#")</xsl:eval>
</xsl:attribute>

Second, I moved the code to generate <a name="series..."> into the
template for archdesc/dsc/c01 (instead of having it in the template
for dsc/c01/did). So immediately before the apply-templates element
in the template for archdesc/dsc/c01, I added:

<A>
<xsl:attribute name="name">series
<xsl:eval>formatNumber(childNumber(this),"#")</xsl:eval>
</xsl:attribute>
</A>

I think those are the only two changes I made. You seem to have
cracked a very similar problem to the one with which I was struggling
with at Xmas! Thanks!!!!

Pete Johnston
Pete Johnston (Effective Records Management Project)
Archives & Business Records Centre
University of Glasgow
77-87 Dumbarton Road
Glasgow G11 6PW   E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Scotland, U.K.    URL:    http://www.gla.ac.uk/InfoStrat/ERM/

Tel:  (UK) 0141 339 8855 ext. 2166 or (UK) 0141-330-4159
Fax:  (UK) 0141-330-4158