Forgive me for chiming in so late, but I think I can help David de =
Lorenzo with his quest to strip his EAD-encoded finding aids of the SGML =
tagging.

Because Apex first captures the data in its own proprietary neutral =
format, and then exports the data to the EAD structure, it is possible =
to capture the data only once, and yet deliver it in multiple formats =
for virtually no additional cost. There would be a one-time fee to =
customize the software required to export the data to the second format, =
but that would typically be quite small.  If David wants the data truly =
"stripped" (no codes),  that fee would be small indeed.

Tom O'Brien
Apex Data Services