Dear BIBCO:
   As reported in the BIBCO Operations Committee meeting summary minutes
(http://lcweb.loc.gov/catdir/pcc/bibcomeeting99.html) the OpCo has
recommend to the Steering Committee that a Working Group be formed and
charged with studying the question of series numbering and whether or
not a national-level default analysis decision should be mandated for
BIBCO libraries.  This group is expected to make recommendations on
these two issues, taking as a starting point the discussion begun at the
OpCo meeting.  These recommendation would be forwarded to the PCC Policy
Committee for further disposition.
    The Steering Committee has approved this Working Group and I am now
taking volunteers.  The Working Group will be expected to conclude its
work by October 15th, 1999.  Please respond directly to me by July 2nd
if you are interested in participating in this group.

Ana Cristan
Assistant BIBCO Coordinator
Cooperative Cataloging
Regional and Cooperative Cat. Div.