To Daniel's list I would add the newly released XMetaL authoring =
software
from SoftQuad of Toronto which can generate either XML or SGML versions =
of
an EAD document.  The price is US$495.

The editor in WordPerfect 2000 can now also output XML as well as SGML.
Street price is about US$79.

Michael

Michael Fox
Head of Processing
Minnesota Historical Society
345 Kellogg Blvd West
St. Paul MN 55102-1906
phone: 651-296-1014
fax:  651-296-9961
**NOTE NEW AREA CODE EFFECTIVE JULY 12, 1998**

> ----------
Author/Editor
http://www.infotek.no/sgmltool/guide.htm=20
>=20
> Daniel=20
>=20
>=20
>  =20
> At 04:57 PM 3/11/99 -0600, you wrote: =20
>=20
>=20
>       Dear friends,=20
>=20
>       We want to know about the best tool to edit SGML, and we know this
> is very used here. Perhaps, anybody can help to us to choose? Also, =
we
> want to know where Author/Editor was sold to (panorama finish =
support),
> and where we can find more information about it.=20
>=20
>       Thanks,=20
>=20
>       Diego Antona Archilla=20
>       Presidente de la Asociaci=F3n de Investigadores en Did=E1ctica =
(Espa=F1a)=20
>       Coordinador del Proyecto CMM=20
>       DIRECCI=D3N GENERAL DE SERVICIOS DE C=D3MPUTO ACAD=C9MICO / UNAM=20
>       telf.: +52 5 6226770 /72 /73
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>mailto:[log in to unmask]
>       fax:         6226775=20
>       <http://mmc.unam.mx>http://mmc.unam.mx=20
>=20
>=20
> <<<<=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Daniel V. Pitti         Project Director      =20
> Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities=20
> Alderman Library        University of Virginia  Charlottesville, =
Virginia