Dear Fellows,

Though I have been home for six days, I must say, that I am still
aglow from the phenomenal adventures and professional stimulation at
the American Memory Fellows Institute, the Library of Congress and in
the 'District'.  Everyone I encounter, hears about this memorable,
colleagial experience.

Immediately upon my return, I had the opportunity to share the
American Memory collections with a cadre of social studies teachers
as part of a three day institute (July 26-28).  One of my topics,
Using Technology in the Social Sciences, was a perfect opportunity to
showcase the exemplary work of the Library or Congress, National
Digital Library, the CCT facilitators and the American Memory
fellows.   Naturally, the teachers were excited and want a hands-on
workshop so that they can incorporate the collections into their
instructional programs.  I can hardly believe my good fortune.  My
work this summer is a PERFECT match for my work this next year.

Til later...
Micki
Micki M. Caskey, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor