At 04:08 PM 8/30/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Fellows, etc.,
>
>Sorry, I couldn't resist (and didn't we decide that humor, on occasion was
>appropriate here?).
>
>This was posted on another Internet mail list where I am subscriber.  The
>poster there forwarded it from yet another list, so who knows where it
>started.
>
>Betty
>
>*********************
>
>How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a light bulb?
>A: 1,331:
>
>1 to successfully change the light bulb and to post to the mail list that
>the light bulb has been changed
>14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
>bulb could have been changed differently.
>7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
>27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.
>53 to flame the spell checkers
>156 to write to the list administrator complaining about the light bulb
>discussion and its inappropriateness to this mail list.
>41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.
>109 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to please take this
>email exchange to alt.lite.bulb
>203 to demand that cross posting to alt.grammar, alt.spelling and
>alt.punctuation about changing light bulbs be stopped.
>111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we are all use light
>bulbs and therefore the posts **are** relevant to this mail list.
>306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy
>the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this
>technique, and what brands are faulty.
>27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
>14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post corrected
>URLs.
>3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this
>list which makes light bulbs relevant to this list.
>33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote them including all headers
>and footers, and then add "Me Too."
>12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they cannot
>handle the light bulb controversey.
>19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."
>4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.
>1 to propose new alt.change.lite.bulb newsgroup.
>47 to say this is just what alt.physic.cold_fusion was meant for, leave it
>here.
>143 votes for a new list alt.lite.bulb.

Elizabeth,

Agh!

All too true, though I wonder how many of our troops still use usenet?

Ron Stoloff

If the gods had intended Man to fly, they wouldn't have given us
railroads.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
{                   Check out these web sites:                  }
{                                                               }
{                              New!                             }
{         Edison/Fareira's New Oral History Web site:           }
{           http://members.xoom.com/b_stoloff/oral              }
(                            [NO WWW]                           }
{                                                               }
{                In the Library of Congress, see:               }
{           Immigration/Migration - under construction!         }
{    http://www.edc.org/CCT/NDL/1998/lessonplans/98lpmain.html  }
{                 For the Edison Cluster, see:                  }
{             http://edisoncluster.phillynews.com -             }
{            I'm responsible for the Population page!           }
{           Need a place to get help with your computer?        }
{                 See this Computer Club Web Site:              }
{                http://www.pacsnet.org/index.shtml             }