From: Peggy Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list AFCBOARD <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: News
Date: Thursday, September 16, 1999 2:27 PM

AFC Board Members:

You will be receiving a package from Bill Kinney, via Doris, early
next week with the agendas for our retreat and board meeting.  We are
very excited by our planning sessions with Mal O'Connor.

I wanted to be sure that you are aware of our plans to honor the key
Congressmen who helped us achieve permanent authorization (Cochrane,
Stephens, Warner, Thomas, Obie).  We are planning a reception in
Madison Hall on Wednesday, October 6th, from 5-7 pm.  Your official
invitation will be sent next week, but I know how calendars get filled
up quickly.  I know that Doris has already spoken with most of you
about the reception and you have made plans to arrive in time to
participate.

I also wanted to alert you that the new American Folklife Center
webpages are up and running, thanks to Stephanie Hall, our webmaster
(webmistress?) and Jim Hardin, our hard-working editor.  The new look
is great, and we have a brand new webpage devoted to the Board of
Trustees.  Visit  http://www.loc.gov/folklife
go to Site Contents, and then to Board of Trustees.

That's all for now, but I look forward to seeing you all very soon!!

Best always,

Peggy