1.  Be sure to take photographs, both before and after if possible, to =
help
with the after action requests for funding to replace/repair problems.  =

2.  Put cotton towels at the bottom of the doors that open to the =
outdoors
to absorb wind blown water.  On the outside if you have screen doors to =
keep
them in place.

3.  Unplug your computers and put plastic bags over the electronics in =
case
the ceiling leaks.

4.  Get yourself (and everyone in your family) a Walkman so that you =
can
listen to the radio rather than the wind.  It makes the stress levels =
MUCH
lower during the storm. =20

5.  DO NOT put tape Xs over your windows (doesn't work and creates tons =
of
work to remove them), or buy tons of food.  If the power is out it will
spoil, if you don't get a storm it may be wasted.

6.  Batteries for the Walkman and flash lights are a good buy, also =
fruit
and bottled water for snacks.  But don't go crazy about this.  Baby =
wipes
are good for hand cleaning.  Plastic gloves for protecting your hands =
as you
clean up are good.  Large Print novels are also helpful for distracting =
you
(easier to read by flashlight).

7.  And just think, now you too can compete in the importance of power
versus water competitions of other disaster victims. <grin>

best of luck to you and your library.

Alice E. Hadley, MLS, AHIP
Librarian                              v:344-9250  beeper: 476-9801
US Naval Hospital, Guam   <[log in to unmask]>
The more you know the better you heal.

  =20
Stewart Library=20