I fyou are seeing your ead encoding in a nested display in IE 5, what you
are getting is the default stylesheet that IE uses rather than the one you
pointed to- presumably through a processing instruction immediately after
the XML declaration, i.e on the second line.
Michael

Michael Fox
Head of Processing
Minnesota Historical Society
345 Kellogg Blvd West
St. Paul MN 55102-1906
phone: 651-296-1014
fax:  651-296-9961
**NOTE NEW AREA CODE EFFECTIVE JULY 12, 1998**