There is indeed a fledging effort to develop a DTD for archival authority
records that is using ISAAR (CPF) as its starting point.  The project is
now being set up with a small group of interested parties, but the plan is
to have a wider opening of the project for review and comment early in the
new calendar year.

Richard Szary
Director, Manuscripts and Archives
Yale University