From your 1999-2000 OCLC Users' Council Delegates:
   Arlene Luster                   Marcia Talley
   [log in to unmask]          [log in to unmask]
   ph: 808-449-2209                ph:  410-293-6905

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Nita Dean +1-614-761-5002

HARDING UNIVERSITY ENTERS 95 MILLIONTH OCLC ILL

DUBLIN, Ohio, Nov. 23, 1999--Harding University, in Searcy, Arkansas,
entered the 95 millionth OCLC Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request on Nov. 5 for
an article, "The Miss America Pictures Controversy and the Right to
Privacy," in the _New York Law Journal_.

The Oklahoma City University Law Library filled the request Nov. 6.

"I was just working away, not even realizing that I should be trying to hit
the millionth request," said Debbie Johnson, Interlibrary Loan technical
assistant at the Brackett Library on the Harding University campus.  "I
showed the number to Ann, and she was very excited."

Ann Dixon, library director at Harding University, was formerly Ms.
Johnson's immediate supervisor as Interlibrary Loan librarian.  "It's been
very exciting for us to watch the reaction of our friends in the library
world for hitting the 95 millionth request," said Ms. Dixon.

The library handled 6,644 interlibrary loan lending and borrowing
transactions last year.

"I love working in interlibrary loan," said Ms. Johnson.  "I really like
helping the students and faculty get the materials they need."

The Interlibrary Loan staff comprises Gerald Cox, Interlibrary Loan,
Cataloging and Reference librarian; Ms. Johnson; and four students who help
out during the work day.  "We have a special library staff here," Ms.
Johnson continued.  "It's very much a family-like atmosphere."

The Harding University Library (OCLC symbol:  AHS) and the Oklahoma City
University Law Library (OKY) are both members of Amigos Library Services, an
OCLC-affiliated U.S. regional network.

Harding University is a liberal arts institution affiliated with the Church
of Christ.  The college was named in memory of James A. Harding, co-founder
and first president of Nashville Bible School (now David Lipscomb
University) in Nashville, Tennessee.

The Toccoa Falls College Library in Toccoa, Georgia, entered the 94
millionth OCLC ILL request on Oct. 4.

Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, OCLC Online Computer Library Center is a
nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization
whose computer network and services link more than 35,000 libraries in 67
countries and territories.  OCLC is dedicated to the public purposes of
furthering access to the world's information and reducing information costs.

In the United States, more information is available (via telephone:
+1-614-764-6000 or
1-800-848-5878; fax:  +1-614-764-6096; or e-mail:  [log in to unmask]).  In
Europe, the Middle East and Africa, contact the OCLC Europe office, located
in Birmingham, United Kingdom (phone:  +44 121 456 4656; fax:  +44 121 456
4680; or e-mail:  [log in to unmask]).  In Asia and the Pacific region, contact
the OCLC Asia Pacific office in Dublin, Ohio (phone:  +1-614-764-6189; fax:
+1-614-764-4331; or e-mail:  [log in to unmask]).  In Canada, contact the
OCLC Canada office in Montreal, Quebec (phone:  +1-450-658-6583 or
1-888-658-6583; fax:  +1-450-658-6231; or e-mail:  [log in to unmask]).  In
Latin America and the Caribbean, contact the OCLC Latin America and the
Caribbean office in Dublin, Ohio (phone:  +1-614-761-5196; fax:
+1-614-718-1026; or e-mail:  [log in to unmask]).

More information about OCLC, its affiliated U.S. regional networks, service
centers, international divisions and distributors is available at
<http://www.oclc.org/>.  (RJM)

Carla

                        Carla Krass
                        OCLC Users Council Coordinator